Register for Shavlik Protect Trial
Shavlik Protect Free Trial
Shavlik Protect brings enterprise-level IT management to companies of all sizes. Get centralized patch management and asset inventory for Windows and third party applications for both virtual and physical machines. And, from the same console, get patch management capabilities, dozens of pre-built ITScripts, power
management, and centralized antivirus.
Patch Management | ITScripts | Power Management | Antivirus
- Continuously scans and deploys all available patches to Operating Systems, Guest OSes, and Microsoft applications -in particular, critical security patches
- Third party patching - go beyond Microsoft to third party applications including Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, Apple QuickTime, and Sun JRE (see our list of supported third party applications at http://xml.shavlik.com/data/supportedproduct78.htm)
- Offline virtual machine patching – Scans and patches all of your virtual machines, whether they are currently online or offline
- Template virtual machine patching – Supports template patch updates to ensure that they are always at a ready patched status consistent with policy.
- Agentless and agent-based – Offers the industry’s leading IT management solution that can seamlessly blend agentless and agent-based technologies
- Support for industry-standard scripting language, Microsoft PowerShell®
- Ability to build unique workflow processes
- Configuration ITScripts: These can modify a system's settings to correct behavior or resolve issues. This
could include, but is not limited to enabling or disabling of services, modification to registry and file system,
- Maintenance ITScripts: These focus on regular maintenance tasks for servers and workstations, but may
also include some application specific maintenance. For example, resetting local admin password, removing
temp files and internet files, and Protect console temp files and repository cleanup.
- Information ITScripts: These include scripts relating to collecting information from machines such as last
boot time, service tag, running services, existing shares, system event logs, etc. These scripts may be used
to validate settings, assist in day-to-day troubleshooting for admins outside of Patch Management, collect
data that generally require a lot of manual effort.
- Network ITScripts: These will focus on network related protocols and troubleshooting such as port scanning,
machine resolution, etc.
- Power machines off in the evenings and on weekends and wake machines up to deploy critical security
patches and then put them back in a power saving state automatically to reduce attack surfaces and save
- Wake-on-LAN services (remotely power on machines for patching then power down)
- Save energy and money by powering off computers at night and on weekends
- Complete protection against the top security threats – operating system patching, application-level patching,
virtual machine patching, and antivirus
- Schedule data file downloads for new patch and/or antivirus/spyware signatures
- View patch and threat information at the same time
- Real-time file scanning for all threats – including spyware, adware, malware, and viruses
The FREE trial of Shavlik Protect will give you the ability to:
- Be up and running in 30 minutes or less
- Use agentless or agent-based operations (or a blend of both) for 50 computers for 60 days
- Discover and inventory assets for physical and virtual machines and software
- Find and deploy missing patches
- Support Greener IT with Power Management and Wake-on-LAN
- Implement AV that is fast, light on system resources, and stops today’s complex malware.
- Use new ITScripts capabilities, driving increased efficiency by managing and executing scripts across machine groups or the entire network
Shavlik Protect Preview