Shavlik Customer Success Stories
In the university environment, IT security is a moving target, with frequent user changes, off-campus laptop use, erratic usage schedules, and a growing number of Macs. Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) needed to extend software updates to all university desktops and laptops regardless of location or type—without consuming the desktop team.
- 3,000 Windows workstations
- 350 Macintosh workstations
- IUP updates 3,400 desktops and laptops automatically in a two-hour window once a week, compared to days with the previous process.
- The university cut help desk calls by 30 percent by automating regular reboots with Shavlik.
- Shavlik updates laptops even when they’re off the campus network, and ensures that computers are updated and rebooted even if they’re off during maintenance windows.