This post is the first in a blog series that will introduce you to many of the customer-facing teams here at Shavlik.
Today, I sat down with the Shavlik Renewals team for a Q&A. This three-person team, which includes Sarah Monzel, Kate Gabriel, and Brad Atkinson, is responsible for helping customers renew maintenance and subscriptions for their Shavlik products.
“Our goal is to help facilitate a smooth renewal process for our customers,” Monzel said. “We remain there for you throughout the whole process and don’t just drop a quote and run off. Sometimes we might be the only person a customer knows at Shavlik, and maintaining that engagement is very important to us.”
Anne: If there was one piece of information or advice that you could share with all of our customers, what would it be?
Renewals team: Renew early! If you start thinking about your renewal 30-days out and execute it prior to your licenses expiring, you’ll avoid a fire drill, have no lapse in technical support, and facilitate a smoother renewal process.
Anne: What are some questions customers commonly ask?
- How do I renew? - Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your preferred Shavlik reseller.
- How do I add seats? - Send an email to email@example.com and then one of our channel account managers will get in touch with you.
- I am having technical issues with my Shavlik product. Can you help me? - Contact Shavlik Technical Support via one of the options described here.
- How can I figure out when my license expires or when it has been renewed successfully? - For the Shavlik Protect product, you can see this in the console by going to “Help” -> “About Shavlik Protect” and viewing the expiration date under the “License Key” section. Upon renewal, you will also receive an email from the Shavlik Renewals team saying that your renewal has been completed.
- Now that you transitioned from VMware to LANDesk, is the renewals process going to be more difficult? - Our renewals process has not changed as a result of the transition of Shavlik from VMware to LANDesk. Over the years, we have made significant effort to streamline the process and to keep it as efficient as possible for you.
- May I co-term maintenance? - Yes but under certain restrictions. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll talk through it together.
Anne: What do you do for fun away from work?
Kate Gabriel: “I like to play with my goldendoodle puppy and try new restaurants in Minneapolis with my husband.”
Brad Atkinson: “I like to spend time with my family and friends, traveling, outdoors, camping, and hiking. I also like to cook.”
Sarah Monzel: “I like to spend time with my family. I enjoy golfing and love old movies.”
From left to right, Renewals team members Kate Gabriel, Brad Atkinson, and Sarah Monzel