Shavlik is proud to announce today’s release of Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center 2.1.
This is the second Shavlik Patch release this year, and it represents yet another quantum leap towards making third-party application patching within SCCM easy.
Shavlik Patch 2.1 focuses on five core areas: setup and configuration, automation, core patching capabilities, ease of use and globalization.
- Setup and Configuration – Our new configuration checker allows you to verify that your SCCM environment is ready to publish and deploy third-party patches. It’s easy for application versions, credentials, and certificates to get out of sync. No problem; the configuration checker will point you to discrepancies in your environment, so you don’t have to guess where the problem exists.
- Automation – With Shavlik Patch 2.1, you can create and save filters that allow you to control which applications, which vendors, and which individual updates you publish for a timeframe of your choice. For example, say you want to publish all Adobe updates, Oracle Java and Chrome updates, within the last 30 days. You can now build that filter, view the updates that meet that criteria, and automatically publish them.
- Core Patch Capabilities – With Shavlik Patch 2.1, we introduce a patch details view that tells you lots of great information about each update. Also, Shavlik Patch now handles superceded patches.
- Ease of Use – You thought Shavlik Patch 2.0 was easy; well, it just got better. Shavlik Patch 2.1 introduces authenticating proxy support, the ability to run scheduled jobs as a different user, and the ability to choose, hide and reorder columns in the updates view.
- Globalization – Shavlik Patch is now available in 11 languages. Additionally, you can also view translated versions of our User’s Guide. Hablas Espanol? Great, so does Shavlik Patch.
Now, being the seasoned SCCM admin that you are, you’re probably thinking, “Wow, that’s cool, but I won’t be able to use it for six months because it’ll take that long to get it working in my environment.”
Umm…no. Here’s the directions for upgrading Shavlik Patch from 2.0 to 2.1 (no kidding check out our User’s Guide).
- Close SCCM
- Download the latest version of Shavlik Patch from www.shavlik.com/downloads
- Install the Shavlik Patch exe
- Open SCCM
That’s it! All of your configuration settings, filters, and registration info will still be there. We don’t mess with anything in your SCCM database. You can be up and running on Shavlik Patch 2.1 in about five minutes.
With today’s release, Shavlik has also announced the end of life for Shavlik Patch 2.0 on December 1, 2015. We encourage all customers to upgrade to 2.1 at your earliest convenience. Pro tip - there’s lots of great stuff in 2.1.
For more information about today’s release, please join us for one of our Shavlik Patch 2.1 release webinars.
If you are using Shavlik Patch today, please join us for this webinar.
Patch Like a Pro! New Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center 2.1 | Wednesday, November 18, 2014 10:00 am CST | Register Now
If you are new to Shavlik Patch, please join us for this webinar.
Why Break SCCM? Get Third-Party Application Patching Without Additional Infrastructure | Wednesday, November 13, 2014 10:00 am CST | Register Now
Tune in later this week as I continue to share more insights on the latest release of Shavlik Patch and how this solution sets itself apart from other third-party patch add-on’s for SCCM.